I am excited to launch a new project with you guys – the Disability eConference!
It is a new concept in the disability field! Using web based tools, personal experiences and all created by you; it will make a great impact in the disability world.
The first topic, which was decided back in April by people who contacted me on Twitter – is Disability and the Internet.
This eConference will enable our community to:
• share the many specific uses of the internet for disabled people
• give disabled people new ideas, useful resources and a space for peer-to-peer learning
• educate non-disabled people how awesome disabled people are with the right resources
Every contributor will share a story, experience, view or opinion on how having the internet enabled them to do something cool.
I want to cover the below areas:
• Parents seeking medical support for their disabled child
• Parents seeking peer-support after knowing their childs diagnosis
• Young children (approx 5-15 years) looking for answers on their medical condition
• Young children (approx 5-15 years) looking for peer-support
• Adults with questions on their impairment
• Adults with questions about govt provision for their disability (benefits, equipment etc)
• Education and elearning
• Government policy consultations
• Third life gaming
Register anytime for free here http://dconf.martynsibley.com/